Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering at Sunnyside Communities!
Our communities are pleased to welcome outside volunteers who are fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19. It is our continuing desire to keep our residents and staff healthy and safe.
Volunteers can also interact and help support residents at Sunnyside, King’s Grant and Summit Square by offering creative programs that can be presented over Zoom. Many of these opportunities can be broadcast to our residents in Assisted Living, Health Care, and Memory Support. Here are some ideas for you, or your group, to consider via Zoom:
- Share your musical talents by singing or playing an instrument. Residents love all music and will join in, especially on hymns!
- Host a trivia game or call BINGO.
- Lead a book club.
- Prepare a recipe and then share it.
- Read a story. Residents love interactions with children, so this is a perfect way to have them involved.
- Teach residents how to make a special holiday wreath or arrangement. Planning in advance, we may be able to get the necessary supplies so residents can join in the fun!
Residents are always thrilled to receive a note or card and make a pen pal. They love receiving artwork from children they can display in their homes.
Donations of large print word find of crossword puzzle books are always welcome. A small plant that a resident can care for is cherished gift.
The mission of the Volunteer Program is to enhance the life of residents through services rendered by Resident and Community Volunteers. Our volunteers provide a vital link between the community and the residents. Many opportunities are available, allowing volunteers to share special talents and skills with residents. Most importantly, they share that precious gift of time.
Learn more below about the volunteer opportunities available to you and then click on the Volunteer Application link to start sharing the gift of time.
Precious Gift of Time
The mission of the Volunteer Program is to enhance the life of residents through services rendered by resident and community volunteers. By sharing their time, our volunteers provide a vital link between the community and the residents living at each of our communities. Many opportunities are available allowing volunteers to share their special talents and skills with our residents.
Who can volunteer
- Junior Volunteers: Age 13-17, Summer Program, Volunteering 3 or 6 hour shifts from June-August
- Resident Volunteers: Residents of any and ALL ages, Year Round, Volunteering 1 hour a day or 1 hour a month over 75 jobs to choose from
- Staff Volunteers: Year Round, Volunteer in an area outside your job and can help as little or as much as you like
- Student Volunteers: Age 18+, Year Round, Volunteering a minimum of 20 hours
- Community Volunteers: Residents, Year Round volunteer opportunities: Volunteering as much or as little as you choose
- Activities Aide (Assisted Living, Health Care & Terrace)
- Bus Driver (Mini Bus &/or Wheelchair Bus)
- Feeding Aide
- Musicians (Dinner & Special Event)
- Transportation Aide for Activities, Beauty Shop, Chapel, Clinic or Physical Therapy (Ability to push a wheelchair is necessary)