Providing You Choices
Part of the joy of life at Sunnyside, a Life Plan community, lies in the choices you are able to enjoy.
These choices may include taking a class in our award-winning Wellness Center, dining with new-found friends in the Marketplace, Tartan Grill or the 1912 Bistro restaurants or participating in continuing education classes. You can even choose from a variety of home and floor plan options to find one that works best for you.
At Sunnyside the choice is yours!
Programs & Activities
Exploring What’s Possible
At Sunnyside, you can take advantage of our nearly endless selection of programs and activities, each designed to help ensure enriching experiences.
Here’s just a sampling of what you can expect:
- Continuing education/lifelong learning programs in partnership with James Madison University’s Lifelong Learning Institute
- Health and wellness activities focused on whole-person wellness
- Day trips to area museums, art galleries, botanical gardens, historic sites, shopping, local wineries, shows, concerts, and more
- Overnight trips to interesting places such as Niagara Falls or Savannah
- Travel to places such as Bermuda, Alaska, and Scotland or even a Mississippi River Cruise
- Resident-led programs for art classes, billiards, woodworking, scrapbooking, fishing, Mahjong, Tai Chi, Wii bowling, putting, singing, computers and much more
- Special Campus Events such as a Hawaiian Luau, Casino Night, the Annual Apple Butter Festival, Classic and Antique Car Show, themed dinners, game nights, wine tastings and pairings, concerts, lectures, masquerade ball, and more!
- Spiritual/Religious Offerings – worship services, Bible studies, active choir and music programs, and support groups
- Volunteer opportunities
Each day at Sunnyside brings something new!
Tempting Your Taste Buds
You’ll love the food – and the relationships you develop – as a part of the Sunnyside dining experience. From signature executive chef dishes to resident inspired meals, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
Choose from several dining venues, each offering delicious, nutritional selections for diverse appetites.
- Full-service restaurant with a flex meal plan
- Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Executive chef specialties
- Breakfast and brunch on Sunday
- Breakfast and lunch
- Café style environment
- Variety of menu options
- Pub-style dining and bar
- Causal atmosphere
- Live entertainment
Health & Wellness
Award-Winning Offerings For Your Total Health
Sunnyside’s health and wellness programs are designed to focus on the whole person. Our innovative programming addresses the many dimensions of wellness – physical, psychological, emotional, spiritual, social, environmental, occupational and intellectual. His dedicated approach has garnered numerous state and international awards for Sunnyside, including the 2019 ICAA NuStep Beacon Award, which recognizes and honors the Top 5 ‘Best in Wellness’ senior living communities in North America. Sunnyside also won the International Council on Active Aging’s (ICAA) ICAA’s Industry Innovator’s Award.
Designed to celebrate strength, health and happiness, the new Broaddus Vitality Center includes a 20’ x 56’ pool with two lap lanes, a spa/whirlpool, indoor track, group fitness studio, locker rooms with showers, state-of-the-art equipment and much more!
Below are just a few of the programs we offer:
- Functional fitness, balance training, mind aerobics and more
- Land and aquatic group exercise classes for all fitness levels
- Fitness testing with individualized feedback and recommendations
- Dynamic motivational challenges
- Health fairs with multiple health screenings
- Massage Therapy and other spa services
- Annual golf clinic