Sunnyside recently won the 2020 ICAA NuStep Pinnacle Award, which recognizes and honors the Top 5 ‘Best in Wellness’ senior living communities in North America. Sunnyside is among those recognized as best-in-class for successfully fostering a wellness-centered environment to benefit all who live and work in their community. The award was created as a joint effort between International Council on Active Aging (ICAA) and NuStep, LLC, a major manufacturer of recumbent cross-trainers used in healthcare, senior living and fitness. This is the second year Sunnyside has received this honor.
Additionally, Sunnyside’s Broaddus Vitality Center is now open for residents to enjoy. Designed to celebrate strength, health and happiness, the nearly 13,000 sq. ft. facility complements the existing wellness centers and continues Sunnyside’s award-winning whole person approach to wellness. Highlights of the Broaddus Vitality Center include:
- State-of-the-art strength, cardio and balance training equipment
- Large Group Fitness Studio
- Cushioned indoor track
- Large 56 ft. pool with slip resistant decking for lap swimming and aquatic training
- Spacious locker rooms and third family locker room
- Loads of natural light from dormer and transom windows