We respect Your privacy interests and operate this site by these principles. We have taken reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of personally identifiable information that you may provide.
Voluntary Submission of Information
You may use the Sunnyside Communities Web site without disclosing personally identifiable information, and We will not obtain such information about You unless You choose to submit it to us. Any information You submit will be used internally only; however, submission of information authorizes such internal use by Us and Our employees. In particular, please note that submission of an e-mail authorizes Us to contact You via e-mail.
In addition, Our Web server collects and saves the default information customarily logged by World Wide Web server software. Our logs contain the following information for each request: date, time, originating IP address and domain name, object requested, and completion status of the request. We use these logs to help improve Our service by evaluating the level of demand for Our site and detecting any errors on the site that might occur. These logs may be kept for an indefinite length of time and used at any time and in any way necessary to prevent security breaches and ensure the integrity of the data on Our servers.
Use of Collected Information
Any information We gather, whether submitted voluntarily or collected automatically, will be used for Our internal purposes only. It is Our policy not to disclose or to sell any information to third parties. Notwithstanding this policy, We retain the right to disclose collected information if required to do so by law or if acting on a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to protect Our rights or property or to respond to an emergency situation.
Review, Update, and Deletion of Collected Information
If You are concerned about the information You have provided to Us or would like to review, update, or delete this information, please e-mail Us at the Corporate Office: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make reasonable efforts to comply with Your requests.
Please see Our Terms and Conditions.
This site takes reasonable precautions to protect Our users’ information. Please note, however, that electronic transmissions via the Internet are not necessarily secure from interception, and We do not guarantee the security or confidentiality of transmissions.
Notification of Changes
At certain pages on Our Site, We post images of human beings or other images that may allow identification of a specific person. In all such cases, We have permission from the individual pictured, or from his or her parent or guardian. We do not post such images without such consent.
Sunnyside Communities Notice of Privacy Practices
When it comes to your health information, you have certain rights. This section explains your rights and some of our responsibilities to help you.
Get An Electronic Or Paper Copy of Your Medical Records
- You can ask to see or get an electronic or paper copy of your medical record and other health information we have about you. Ask us how to do this.
- We will provide a copy or a summary of your health information, usually within 30 days of your request. We may charge a reasonable, cost-based fee.
Ask Us To Correct Your Medical Record
- You can ask us to correct health information about you that you think is incorrect or incomplete. Ask us how to do this.
- We may say “no” to your request, but we’ll tell you why in writing within 60 days.
Request Confidential Communications
- You can ask us to contact you in a specific way (for example, home or office phone) or to send mail to a different address.
- We will say “yes” to all reasonable requests.
Ask Us To Limit What We Use Or Share
- You can ask us not to use or share certain health information for treatment, payment, or our operations. We are not required to agree to your request, and we may say “no” if it would affect your care.
- If you pay for a service or health care item out-of-pocket in full, you can ask us not to share that information for the purpose of payment or our operations with your health insurer – we will say “yes” unless a law requires us to share that information.
Get A List of Those With Whom We’ve Share Information
- You can ask for a list (accounting) of the times we’ve shared your health information for six years prior to the date you ask, who we shared it with and why.
- We will include all the disclosures except for those about treatment, payment, health care operations and certain other disclosures (such as any you asked us to make). We’ll provide one accounting a year for gree but will charge a reasonable, cost-based fee if you ask for another one within 12 months.
Get a Copy of This Privacy Notice
- You can ask for a paper copy of this notice at any time, even if you have agreed to receive the notice electronically. We will provide you with a paper copy promptly.
Choose Someone To Act For You
- If you have given someone medical power of attorney or if someone is your legal guardian, that person can exercise your rights and make choices about your health information.
- We will make sure the person has this authority and can act for you before we take any action.
- You can complain if you feel we have violated your rights by contacting us using the information below.
- You can file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights by sending a letter to: 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201 or by calling 1.877.696.6775 or by visiting www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/complaints/
- We will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint.
For certain health information, you can tell us your choices about what we share. If you have a clear preference for how we share your information in the situations described below, talk to us. Tell us what you want us to do and we will follow your instructions.
In These Cases, You Have Both the Right and Choice To Tell Us To:
- Share information with your family, close friends, or others involved in your care
- Share information in a disaster relief situation
- Include your information in a hospital directory
*Note: If you are not able to tell us your preference, for example, if you are unconscious, we may go ahead and share your information if we believe it is in your best interest. We may also share your information when needed to lessen a serious and imminent threat to health or safety.
In These Cases We Never Share Your Information Unless You Give Us Written Permission
- Marketing purposes
- Sale of your information
- Most sharing of psychotherapy notes
In The Case of Fundraising:
- We may contact you for fundraising efforts, but you can tell us not to contact you again
Our Uses and Disclosures
How do we typically use or share your health information? We typically use or share your health information in the following ways:
We can use your health information and share it with other professionals who are treating you. Example: A doctor treating you for an injury asks another doctor about your overall health condition.
Run Our Organization
We can use and share your health information to run our practice, improve your care and contact you when necessary. Example: We use health information about you to manage your treatment and services.
Bill For Your Services
We can use and share your health information to bill and get payment from health plans or other entities. Example: We give information about you to your health insurance plan so it will pay for your services.
How Else Can We Use or Share Your Health Information?
We are allowed or required to share your information in other ways – usually in ways that contribute to the public good, such as public health and research. We have to meet many conditions in the law before we can share your information for these purposes. For more information visit: www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/consumers/index.html
Help With Public Health and Safety Issues
We can share health information about you for certain situations such as:
- Preventing disease
- Helping with product recalls
- Reporting adverse reactions to medications
- Reporting suspected abuse, neglect or domestic violence
- Preventing or reducing a serious threat to anyone’s health or safety
We can use or share your information for health research
Comply With The Law
We will share information about you if state or federal laws require it, including with the Department of Health and Human Services if it wants to see that we’re complying with federal privacy law.
Respond To Organ and Tissue Donation Requests
We can share health information about you with organ procurement organizations.
Work With a Medical Examiner or Funeral Home Director
We can share health information with a coroner, medical examiner or funeral home director when an individual dies.
- For workers’ compensation claims
- For law enforcement purposes or with a law enforcement official
- With health oversight agencies for activities authorized by law
- For special government functions such as military, national security and presidential protective services
- We are required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your protected health information
- We will let you know promptly if a breach occurs that may have compromised the privacy or security of your information
- We must follow the duties and privacy practices described in this notice and give you a copy of it
- We will not use or share your information other than as described here unless you tell us we can in writing. If you tell us we can, you may change your mind at any time. Let us know in writing if you change your mind
For more information, visit: www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/consumers/noticepp.html
Changes to the Terms of This Notice
We can change the terms of this notice and the changes will apply to all information we have about you. The new notice will be available upon request.This Notice of Privacy Practices Applies to the Following Organizations:
Sunnyside Presbyterian HomeDBA: Sunnyside Retirement Community 3935 Sunnyside Drive, Suite A Harrisonburg, VA 22801 email@example.com Phone: 540.568.8202
Fax: 540.568.8310 DBA: King’s Grant Retirement Community 350 King’s Way Road Martinsville, VA 24112 firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 276.634.1119 Fax: 276.634.1599 DBA: Summit Square Retirement Community 501 Oak Avenue Waynesboro, VA 22980 email@example.com Phone: 540.941.3126 Fax: 540.941.3330