The mission of the Volunteer Program is to enhance the life of residents through services rendered by Resident and Community Volunteers. Our volunteers provide a vital link between the community and the residents. Many opportunities are available, allowing volunteers to share special talents and skills with residents. Most importantly, they share that precious gift of time.
Who can Volunteer?
- Junior Volunteers: Age 13-18, Summer Program, Volunteering 3 or 6 hour shifts from June-August
- Student Volunteers: Age 13-21, Year Round, Volunteering a minimum of 20 hours
- Resident Volunteers: Residents of any and ALL ages, Year Round, Volunteering 1 hour a day or 1 hour a month over 75 jobs to choose from
- Community Volunteers: Residents, Year Round volunteer opportunities: Volunteering as much or as little as you choose
- Staff Volunteers: Year Round, Volunteer in an area outside your job and can help as little or as much as you like
Volunteers can participate in a variety of activities including, but not limited to:
- Activities Aide (Assisted Living, Health Care & Terrace)
- Bus Driver (Mini Bus &/or Wheelchair Bus)
- Feeding Aide
- Musicians (Dinner & Special Event)
- Transportation Aide for Activities, Beauty Shop, Chapel, Clinic or Physical Therapy (Ability to push a wheelchair is necessary)
If you are interested in volunteering, please click on the volunteer application link. We are always looking for dedicated individuals to make a difference in the lives of our residents so call today!
For more information, please contact:
Joni Runzo, Volunteer Coordinator
3935 Sunnyside Drive, Suite A
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
Phone: (540) 568-8216
Toll Free: (800) 237-2257